Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Rosalie Renfro, one of the smartest dealer/collectors I've met in 45 years of treasure hunting. Given the quality of her wares, her shop surprisingly was located in an inauspicious mall in Pearland, TX. I was like a kid in a candy store in Rosalie's shop, and more than once I sat cross-legged on the floor, soaking in her amazing knowledge, so happy to get to share in her talent. Rosalie's academic background was in science, and this was reflected in the scholarship she applied to her collecting of art and antiques.

PHOTO: from the Houston Chronicle, 1997, Rosalie and I sitting on the back of my Suburban during the twice-annual antiques season called "Round Top". Turned upside in the floorboard of my vehicle is a walnut and pine table from Burleson County, Texas.

No comments: